Matthew J. Daigle received the B.S. degree in Computer Science and Computer and Systems Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, in 2004, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science from Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, in 2006 and 2008, respectively.
From September 2004 to May 2008, he was a Graduate Research Assistant with the Institute for Software Integrated Systems and Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN. During the summers of 2006 and 2007, he was an intern with Mission Critical Technologies, Inc., at NASA Ames Research Center. From June 2008 to December 2011, he was an Associate Scientist with the University of California, Santa Cruz, at NASA Ames Research Center. Since January 2012, he has been with NASA Ames Research Center as a Research Computer Scientist. His current research interests include physics-based modeling, model-based diagnosis and prognosis, simulation, and hybrid systems.
- M. Daigle and K. Goebel, "A Model-based Prognostics Approach Applied to Pneumatic Valves," International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management, August 2011. (pdf)
- M. Daigle and K. Goebel, "Multiple Damage Progression Paths in Model-based Prognostics," 2011 IEEE Aerospace Conference, March 2011. (pdf)
- M. Daigle and K. Goebel, "Improving Computational Efficiency of Prediction in Model-based Prognostics Using the Unscented Transform," Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Prognostics and Health Management Society 2010, October 2010. (pdf)
- M. Daigle, X. Koutsoukos, and G. Biswas, "An Event-based Approach to Integrated Parametric and Discrete Fault Diagnosis in Hybrid Systems," Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, Special Issue on Hybrid and Switched Systems, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 487-510, October 2010. (pdf) (preprint)
- M. Daigle, I. Roychoudhury, G. Biswas, X. Koutsoukos, A. Patterson-Hine, and S. Poll, "A Comprehensive Diagnosis Methodology for Complex Hybrid Systems: A Case Study on Spacecraft Power Distribution Systems," IEEE Transactions of Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A, Special Issue on Model-based Diagnosis: Facing Challenges in Real-world Applications, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 917-931, September 2010. (pdf)
- M. Daigle, X. Koutsoukos, and G. Biswas, "A Qualitative Event-based Approach to Continuous Systems Diagnosis," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 780-793, July 2009. (pdf) (preprint)
- M. Daigle, X. Koutsoukos, and G. Biswas, "Distributed Diagnosis in Formations of Mobile Robots," IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 353-369, April 2007. (pdf) (preprint)
See matthewjdaigle.com for a full list of publications.
Research Computer Scientist
Intelligent Systems Division
NASA Ames Research Center
Mail Stop 269-3
Moffett Field, CA 94035