Minh Do (Đỗ Bình Minh)
Senior Research Scientist
Planning & Scheduling Group
Autonomy & Robotics Area
Intelligent Systems Division
NASA Ames Research Center
- Planning with time and resources
- Partial-satisfaction planning
- Planning with incomplete preference model
- Online planning, replanning, and interleaving planning and execution
- Sponsorship co-chair, 24th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'15), 2015.
- Conference co-chair, 24th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS), 2014.
- Workshop co-chair, 5th & 6th Scheduling and Planning Application Workshop (SPARK) at ICAPS, 2011 & 2012
- SystemDemo co-chair, 21st International Conf. on Automated Planning & Scheduling (ICAPS), 2011
- Co-chair, 6th International Planning Competition, 2008.
- Industrial-chair, 10th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI), 2008.
- Workshop Co-chair, Workshop on Planning Competition, ICAPS 2007.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE MEMBER
- ICAPS Executive Council Member, 2014 - 2020
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), 2008 – 2014
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- International Conference on Automated Planning & Scheduling (ICAPS): 2006 – 2012, 2013(SPC).
- National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI): 2005, 2007-2015.
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI): 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 (SPC), 2013 (SPC)
- The AI Nectar Track (best of AI Conferences) at AAAI: 2006 - 2008.
- The 10th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI): 2008, 2012
- Scheduling and Planning Application Workshop (SPARK): 2009-2014
- Workshop on Constraint Satisfaction for Planning and Scheduling Problems (COPLAS): 2007-2014
- International Conference on Theories & Applications of Computer Science (ICTACS): 2009
- Bridging the Gap between Task and Motion Planning Workshop at ICAPS: 2009, 2012.
- AAAI’s Student Abstract Program: 2006, 2011.
- ICAPS 2008 Workshop on Oversubscribed Planning & Scheduling, 2008.
- International Conference on Theories & Applications of Computer Science (TACS): 2006.
- Artificial Intelligence Journal (AIJ)
- Journal of Automated Reasoning (JAR)
- AI Communications – The European Journal on Artificial Intelligence (AICom).
- IEEE Intelligent Systems.
- ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology
- ICAPS05, AAAI04, WIPIS04, ICAPS04, IWPSS04, AIPS02, ECP01, IJCAI01, AIPS00, AAAI00
Selected Awards & Honors
- Design Process Track Winner. 4th International Competition on Knowledge Engineering for Planning & Scheduling (2012)
- Xerox PARC's Golden Acorn Award (2011)
- ICAPS-10’s Most Influential Paper, Runner-up (2010)
- PARC’s Outstanding Performance (2006, 2010, 2011)
- Distinguished Performance Award in the Fifth International Planning Competition (2006)
- Best Application Paper Award, ICAPS-05 Conference (2005)
- Best Ph.D. Graduate in Computer Sci. & Eng. Department, Arizona State University (2005)
- Arizona State University’s Nomination for ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award (2004)
- POSCO Company’s full Scholarship for undergraduate study in South Korea (1993-1998)
- 3rd Place Prize in Vietnam Universities Mathematics Olympiad (1993)
- 1st Place in entrance exams for National University of Civil Engineering & Thang Long College (1992)
I have about 25 issued and pending patents ; all when I was still a PARC employee -- I can't keep track of their latest status but here is the list of issued patents from Google Patent search
- Ph.D.: Arizona State University, Computer Science & Engineering, 2004 ( Best Ph.D. Award )
- B.S.: POSTECH University, Computer Science, 1999.
NASA Ames Research Center,
Mail Stop 269-3,
Bldg. T35A, Rm.101
Moffett Field CA 94035-0001
minh . do @ nasa . gov