R.M. Keller, T.L. Panontin, R.E. Carvalho, I Sturken, J.F. Williams, S.R. Wolfe, Y.O. Gawdiak, "Multi-User Investigation Organizer", Patent # US 7,590,606 B1, September 15, 2009.
- R.M. Keller, W.J. Clancey, M.C. Deans, J.C. Differding, K.E. Dodson, F.Y. Enomoto, J.P. Trimble, M.H. Sims, "Collaborative Systems for NASA Science, Engineering, and Mission Operations", International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems, Philadelphia, PA, May 2011.
- R.M. Keller and C.D. Knight, "XSearch: A Unified Search and Cross-Reference Detection Engine for the ISS Mission Control Center", 2011 IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MT, March 2011 (in press).
- A. Pohorille and R. Keller, “Hypothesis-based, Community-Supported Organization of Scientific Information in Astrobiology”, AbSciCon 2010, League City, TX, April 2010.
- R.M. Keller, S.R. Wolfe, M.N.Windrem, and D.C. Berrios, "XSearch: A System for Searching and Interrelating NASA Mission Operations Data", AIAA Space Ops 2008 Conference, Heidelberg, Germany, May 2008.
- R.M. Keller, R. Thirumalainambi, J.C. Coughlan, “An Ontology Mapping Approach to Integrating Earth Science Metadata”, AAAI Fall Symposium on Semantic Scientific Knowledge Integration, Palo Alto, CA, AAAI Press, Technical Report SS-08-05, March 2008.
- D.C. Berrios, M. Sierhuis, and R.M. Keller, “Geospatial Information Integration for Science Activity Planning at the Mars Desert Research Station”, chapter in “The Geospatial Web: How Geobrowsers, Social Software and the Web 2.0 are Shaping the Network Society”, A. Scharl and K. Tochtermann (eds.), Springer-Verlag, London, 2007.
- D.C. Berrios, R.M. Keller, and T.L. Hodges, “Capturing Collaborative Decision-Making Rationale during Science Mission Operations”, AIAA Infotech@Aerospace 2007, Rohnert Park, CA, May 2007.
- R.M. Keller, D.C. Berrios, S.R. Wolfe, D.R. Hall, and I.B. Sturken, “Semantic Integration of Heterogeneous NASA Mission Data Sources”, AAAI Fall Symposium on Semantic Web for Collaborative Knowledge Acquisition, Crystal City, VA, 2006.
- A. Schain, R. Raskin, B. Wilson, R. Keller, and W. Truszkowski, “An Enterprise Architecture Recommendation for Data Integration: A Uniform Integration Service Architecture”, NASA White Paper, presented at Workshop on OWL: Experiences and Directions, Galway, Ireland, Nov. 2005.
- R.M. Keller, "A Survey of Knowledge Management Research and Development at NASA Ames Research Center", chapter in "Knowledge Management at NASA", J. Holm and M. Liebowitz (ed.), forthcoming.
- S.R. Wolfe and R.M. Keller, "Workspaces in the Semantic Web", AAAI-05 Workshop on Contexts and Ontologies: Theory, Practice and Applications, Pittsburgh, PA, July 2005.
- R. Carvalho, J. Williams, I. Sturken, R. Keller, and T. Panontin, "InvestigationOrganizer: The Development and Testing of a Web-based Tool to Support Mishap Investigations," Proc. IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MT, 2005.
- R.M. Keller, D.C. Berrios, R.E. Carvalho, D.R. Hall, S.J. Rich, I.B. Sturken, K.J. Swanson, and S.R. Wolfe, "SemanticOrganizer: A Customizable Semantic Repository for Distributed NASA Project Teams," International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC-2004), Hiroshima, Japan, November 2004. Winner, best conference paper.
- S.R. Wolfe and R.M. Keller, "Exploiting Recurring Structure in a Semantic Network," Workshop on Mining for and from the Semantic Web, Knowledge Directed Discovery (KDD) Conference, Seattle, WA, USA, 2004.
- R.M. Keller and D.R. Hall, "Developing Visualization Techniques for Semantics-based Information Networks", Proc. Workshop on Information Visualization in Knowledge Capture Technologies, 2nd International Conference on Knowledge Capture, Sanibel Island, FL, October 2003.
- D.C. Berrios and R.M. Keller, "Developing a Web-based User Interface for Semantic Information Retrieval", Proc. Workshop on Semantic Web Technologies for Searching and Retrieving Scientific Data, International Semantic Web Conference, Sanibel Island, FL, October 2003.
- D. Kulkarni, Y. Wang, R. Keller, M. Windrem, H. Patel, "Aviation Data Integration System", Proc. 2003 World Aviation Congress, Montreal, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), 2003.
- Bebout, B. M., S. Carpenter, D. J. Des Marais, M. Discipulo, T. Embaye, F. Garcia-Pichel, T. M. Hoehler, M. Hogan, L. L. Jahnke, R. M. Keller, S. R. Miller, L. E. Prufert-Bebout, C. Raleigh, M. Rothrock and K. Turk. "Long term manipulations of intact microbial mat communities in a greenhouse collaboratory: Simulating Earth's present and past field environments." Astrobiology 2: 383-402, 2002.
- R.M. Keller and J.L. Dungan -- "Meta-Modeling: A knowledge-based approach to facilitating process model construction and reuse", Ecological Modeling, 119(2-3), pp. 89-116, July 1999.
- R.M. Keller, P.J. Lucas, M.M. Compton, H.J. Stewart, V. Baya, M. Del Alto, "Graduating to Postdoc: Information-sharing in support of organizational structures and needs", Technical Memo #208771, NASA Ames Research Center, September 1999.
- R.M. Keller, S.R. Wolfe, J.R. Chen, J.L. Rabinowitz, and N. Mathe, "A Bookmarking Service for Organizing and Sharing URLs", Computer Networks & ISDN Systems, 29, pp. 1103-1114, 1997.
- C.P. McKay, S.C. Martin, C.A. Griffith, and R.M. Keller -- "Temperature Lapse Rate and Methane in Titan's Troposphere", Icarus, 129, pp. 498-505, 1997.
- R.M. Keller -- "An Intelligent Visual Programming Environment for Scientific Modeling", NASA Science Information Systems Quarterly, 35, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, March 1995.
- J.L. Dungan, B.D. Ganapol, and R.M. Keller -- "The importance of APAR formulation in photosynthesis and transpiration modelling at regional scales: an experiment using an advanced software tool for simulation modelling" (abstract), Proc. Ecological Society of America Annual Meeting, June 1995.
- C.P. McKay, S.C. Martin, C.A. Griffith, and R.M. Keller -- "Tropospheric Lapse Rate and Methane on Titan" (abstract), Proc. Meeting of the Division for Planetary Sciences of the American Astronomical Society, October 1995.
- R.M. Keller, M. Rimon, and A. Das -- "A Knowledge-Based Prototyping Environment for Construction of Scientific Modeling Software", Automated Software Engineering, 1(1), 1994, pp. 79-128.
- R.M. Keller and J.L. Dungan -- "A Knowledge-Based Representation Scheme for Environmental Science Models", Proc. AAAI-94 Workshop on AI Technologies for Environmental Applications, Seattle, WA, August, 1994.
- R. Rosen, P. Friedland, and R. Keller -- "Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence to Space Missions", Proc. 45th Congress of the International Astronautical Federation, Jerusalem, Israel, October, 1994.
- J.L. Dungan and R.M. Keller -- "SIGMA: A Knowledge-Based Simulation Tool Applied to Ecosystem Modelling" (abstract), Proc. International Society for Ecological Modelling Annual Meeting (North American Chapter), August, 1994.
- R.M. Keller and M. Rimon -- "A Knowledge-Based Software Development Environment for Scientific Model-building", Proc. 7th Knowledge Based Software Engineering Conference, McClean, VA, Sept. 1992. Winner of best paper award. (Also reprinted in Proc. IEEE Visualization '93 Workshop on Intelligent Visualization Systems, San Jose, CA, October, 1993.)
- R.M. Keller -- "Artificial Intelligence Support for Scientific Model-building", Proc. AAAI Fall Symposium on Intelligent Scientific Computation, Cambridge, MA, Oct. 1992, pp. 63-67. (Also excerpted in Proc. Third International Conference on Expert Systems for Numerical Computing, Purdue University, May 1993 -- Technical Report # CSD-TR-93-028).
- R.M. Keller, C. Baudin, Y. Iwasaki, P. Nayak, and K. Tanaka -- "Compiling Redesign Plans and Diagnosis Rules from a Structure/Behavior Device Model", in Knowledge Aided Design, M. Green (ed.), Academic Press, London, 1992.
- R.M. Keller -- "Knowledge-Intensive Software Design Systems: Can too much knowledge be a burden? ", Proc. Working Notes of AAAI-92 Workshop on Automating Software Design, San Jose, CA, July 1992.
- R.M. Keller -- "Building the Scientific Modeling Assistant: An interactive environment for specialized software design", Proc. AAAI-91 Workshop on Automating Software Design, Anaheim, CA, July 1991.
- R.M. Keller -- "Applying Knowledge Compilation Techniques to Model-based Reasoning", IEEE Expert, 6(2), April 1991, pp.82-87.
- J.L. Dungan and R.M. Keller -- "Development of an Advanced Software Tool for Ecosystem Simulation Modelling" (abstract), Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America, 72(2), 1991, p. 104.
- R.M. Keller, M.H. Sims, E. Podolak, and C.P. McKay -- "Constructing an Advanced Software Tool for Planetary Atmospheric Modeling", Proc. 1990 International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation in Space, Kobe, Japan, November 1990. Also NASA Ames AI Research Branch Report No. FIA-90-08-23-1.
- R.M. Keller -- "In Defense of Compilation: A response to Davis 'Form and Content in Model-based Reasoning' ", Proc.1990 Workshop on Model-Based Reasoning, Boston, MA, June 1990.
- R.M. Keller -- "Learning Approximate Concept Descriptions", Proc. 1990 Workshop on Automatic Generation of Approximations and Abstractions, Boston, MA, June 1990. Also Knowledge Systems Lab Technical Report No. KSL-88-57, Stanford, CA, July 1988, revised January 1989.
- R.M. Keller, C. Baudin, Y. Iwasaki, P. Nayak, and K. Tanaka -- "Model Compilation: An approach to Automated Model Derivation", Proc. Change of Representation and Problem Reformulation Workshop, Palo Alto, CA, March 1990.
- R.M. Keller, C. Baudin, Y. Iwasaki, P. Nayak, and K. Tanaka -- "Deriving Shallow Rules from Underlying Device Models", Proc. 1989 Workshop on Model-Based Reasoning, Detroit, MI, August 1989.
- Y. Iwasaki, K. Doshi, T. Gruber, R. Keller, and C.M. Low -- "Equation Model Generation: Where do equations come from?", Proc. 1989 Workshop on Model-Based Reasoning, Detroit, MI, August 1989.
- R.M. Keller -- "Compiling Learning Vocabulary from a Performance System Description", Proc. Sixth International Workshop on Machine Learning , Ithaca, NY, June 1989.
- Y. Iwasaki, R. Keller, and E. Feigenbaum -- "Generic Tasks or Wide-Ranging Knowledge Bases?", Knowledge Engineering Review, 3:3, 1988.
- R.M. Keller -- "Operationality and Generality in Explanation-Based Learning: Separate dimensions or opposite endpoints?'', Proc. AAAI Spring Symposium on Explanation-Based Learning, Stanford, CA, March 1988.
- R.M. Keller -- "Defining Operationality for Explanation-Based Learning'', Artificial Intelligence, 35:2, 1988. Winner of Best Paper Award in Machine Learning, AAAI-87. Original version appears in Proc. National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Seattle, WA, July 1987.
- R.M. Keller, E.A. Feigenbaum, and B.G .Buchanan -- "Development of a Reusable Knowledge Base for Space Applications'', Proc. Second Annual NASA Ames Artificial Intelligence Research Forum, Palo Alto, CA, November 1987, pp. 357-365.
- R.M. Keller -- "Concept Learning in Context'', Proc. Fourth International Machine Learning Workshop, Irvine, CA, June 1987.
- T.M. Mitchell, R.M. Keller, and S.T. Kedar-Cabelli -- "Explanation-Based Generalization: A unifying view'', Machine Learning, 1:1, 1986.
- R.M. Keller -- "MetaLEX: A Case Study in De-compiling and Compiling Knowledge for Learning'', Proc. Workshop on Knowledge Compilation, Otter Crest, OR, September 1986, Oregon State University Dept. of Computer Science Publication, T.G.Dietterich (ed.).
- R.M. Keller -- "Development of a Framework for Contextual Concept Learning'', in Machine Learning: A Guide to Current Research, T.M. Mitchell, J.G .Carbonell, and R.S. Michalski (eds.), Kluwer Academic Press, 1986. (Also in Proc. Third International Machine Learning Workshop, Skytop Lodge, Skytop, PA, June 1985.)
- R.M. Keller -- "Learning by Re-expressing Concepts for Efficient Recognition'', Proc. National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Washington DC, August 1983.
- T.M. Mitchell and R.M. Keller -- "Goal Directed Learning'', extended abstract, Proc. Second International Machine Learning Workshop, Allerton House, Monticello, IL, June 1983.
- D.P. Connelly, L.C. Lasky, R.M. Keller and D.S. Morrison -- "A System for Graphical Display of Clinical Laboratory Data'', American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 78:5, November 1982.
- D.P. Connelly, L.C. Lasky, R. Keller and A.M. Moore -- "Graphical Presentation of Clinical Laboratory Data'', Joint Proceedings of the Society for Advanced Medical Systems and IEEE-Computers in Medical Care, Washington DC, Nov.1980.
Information Sharing & Integration Group Lead
Intelligent Systems Division
Ames Research Center
Mail Stop 269-2
Moffett Field, CA 94035-0001