- ETAPS 2014 EASST best paper award, Christian Von Essen, Dimitra Giannakopoulou:
Analyzing the next generation airborne collision avoidance system.
- July 2014, NASA Agency-wide Honor Awards, Exceptional Technology Achievement Medal.
- March 2014, NASA Ames honorable mention.
- 2014 NASA TI Performance Award and Spotlight Award.
- September 2009, Outstanding Technology Development Award for
Java PathFinder (JPF), Federal Laboratory Consortium Far West Region Awards.
- March 2004, RIACS / USRA performance award
- My research work was presented in the January 2004 issue of the IEEE Computer magazine as part of the article "NASA's mission reliable"
- June 2003, RIACS / USRA performance award
- ACM distinguished paper award for paper titled "Assumption Generation for Software Component Verification", voted best paper of IEEE ASE 2002 conference
- PhD thesis nominated for British Distinguished Dissertation award
- MSc was awarded a distinction by the Dept. of Computing, Imperial College
- PhD grant (4 years, 1994-98) by I.S. Latsis Foundation, Greece
- MSc grant (1 year, 1993-94) by Bodossakis Foundation, Greece
- Scholarship for undergraduate studies (5 years, 1987-92) by I.S. Latsis Foundation, Greece
- Jan 87: Distinction and Jan 85: 1st prize, National Competitions, Greek Mathematical Society